[TowerTalk] Have you had success with ....

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Sat Jul 20 11:20:38 EDT 2019

Hi Charlie,

On my element tips I put the vinyl caps over the fanned ends of the dampening rope in the element.  This usually ensures a very snug fit of the end cap on the element tip which keeps it on very well.  Occasionally however a vinyl end cap will split under the pressure of having the dampening rope underneath it, but I have eliminated that issue (so far) by taping a few tight wraps of Scotch 33 over the end cap and the element tip finishing up on the element tip about 1” above the top of the end cap.  The tape acts like a “bear hug” to keep the end cap from splitting.  I have found this to be easier and cleaner than using a glue gun and it makes taking off the end cap very easy because you just have to unroll a few inches of tape.

73

Bob  KQ2M