[TowerTalk] Question on R-TA-45 Torque Bracket

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Sat Jun 15 20:32:35 EDT 2019

Hello all,

Couple of comments on K4JA's tower failure.

The lower half of the tower was shielded from some of the wind by way of
tall trees at the edge of the field, where the woods started.  The upper
half went way above the trees and took the full force of the wind.

Also, his stuff was fully rotating from the base up to the top, with
slip rings at the guy points.  Because of this, the guys really had
nothing to do with limiting the twisting of the tower. It just twisted
as it wanted all the way from the ground to the top.

73 de Steve, NR4M