[TowerTalk] My First Tower

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat Jun 29 17:56:18 EDT 2019

Fear of climbing a crank up tower?  Lower it all the way down and then
secure the nested tower so it can't go further down.  No guillotine
effect to worry about.  Tashjian makes various crank-up/tilt-over
towers.  I have one that folds over at the 8 ft point and then is about
18 ft 6 in to tower base horizontal distance. Tower is 70 ft cranked
up.  A shorter version would need even less lateral clearance. Adding a
tilt accessory would allow folding over a large yagi such that it would
stay nearly horizontal and allow working on your antenna with you
standing on the ground. No tower climbing for antenna maint!

The Tashjians (father and son) are good to work with and have good
product.  PDF catalog
http://www.tashtowers.com/docs/2015_Tashjian_Towers_Catalog.pdf

Patrick