[TowerTalk] My First Tower

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sat Jun 29 18:20:50 EDT 2019

Other solutions would be a self supporting tower such as AN wireless if
they still sell to hams or Trylon.  At under 50 ft it is easier to deal
with especially if you could get a  man lift near it.

I have a 70 ft self supporting tower which is great but after gaining a
pile of weight, which I am trying to shed and getting older, I sure wish
I had opted for something else that would be easier to maintain.  I will
be 55 years old so I am a spring chicken in Ham radio but once I turned
50 my desire to do tower work declined dramatically.  When I was younger
it seemed I was on them daily and never gave it another thought.

A crankup tilt over we be amazing, but they are very expensive these days.

W0MU