[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

Bob W5RN rj.newton.w5rn at verizon.net
Fri Mar 1 13:51:27 EST 2019

Just for information I bought a Ambient WS-2080 in June 2011. Since then
I have had to replace the wind cups in May 2016 and the transmitter in
Jan. 2018. The location is the top of the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Los
Angeles about 2 miles from the ocean and 1200 feet ASL. I have switched
to Cumulus software rather than using the supplied software several
years ago.

For my use I am satisfied and don't feel the need to upgrade to the more
expensive Wx stations such as Davis, etc. Not that I would object to
having one!

Bob W5RN