[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Mar 1 17:34:37 EST 2019

I agree ... I've had an Ambient WS-1001 for just under four years (got
it for my wife Christmas of 2015).  In that time it's survived a near
miss from Hurricane Matthew (category 4 just off the coast ~ 40 miles
east) and a hit from Hurricane Irma (category 4 - eye passed about 50
miles west).

I certainly don't feel the need for a high dollar station.  If this
unit gets trashed by a storm, I'll replace it with a similar "value"
product and be ahead vs. the Davis/Peet/etc. units.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV