[TowerTalk] WX Sensor Placement

George Dubovsky n4ua.va at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 14:40:44 EST 2019

Gedas,

Imagine a stack of upside-down, white plastic bowls (about 7" dia, quite
thin due to their dollar store origins), spaced from each other by a
repeating triangle configuration of 1-1/2 inch or so aluminum spacers. The
top 2 bowls are solid, but the bottom 3 bowls have a 2 or 2-1/2 inch
diameter hole up through the center where the Davis temp/humidity module
resides. Air can flow through it, but it's pretty much protected from rain
and sun. Somehow I affixed a pvc pipe fitting on the bottom and it's about
head height out at the edge of the woods. After some sort of wind-blown
debris smashed the top bowl, I added a round aluminum plate to the top on
short spacers.  It's raining here or I'd go out and take a picture.

73,

geo - n4ua