[TowerTalk] Rotor options besides a Prop Pitch?

Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 12:17:14 EST 2019

Have you seen these rotators:   https://smart.antenna.it/

73, Maximo

<http://foro.ea1ddo.es/>

________________________________
De: TowerTalk <towertalk-bounces at contesting.com> en nombre de k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Enviado: miércoles, 6 de marzo de 2019 17:07
Para: towertalk at contesting.com; rlvz at aol.com
Asunto: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor options besides a Prop Pitch?

>  I'd like to thank everyone for your rotor recommendations regarding my post seeking the "strongest and most reliable rotor".? The "Prop Pitch" was the big winner with almost no competition!
Hiya, Dick --
    Correcto mundo. They are the best.

>  I'm seeking strong and reliable rotors for multiple towers and may not need a PropPitch for towers with smaller antenna loads.? Such as, for a tower holding a single HF Yagi with a 36' to 42' boom and 18 to 20 sq.ft. of wind load, besides?a Prop Pitch are there any strong and reliable rotor options for this size antenna load?
    I have a chapter devoted to rotators in my UP THE TOWER book where I have a chart of rotator specs, with the PP having the highest rotating and brake torque. Just looking at those 2 specs, two of the TIC Ringrotors are next followding by a Big RAK Alfaspid followed by a Prosistel 71D. Anyway, there are 28 rotators listed and they all have their good points and some negatives.

    Among my personal favorites are the M2 Orion (with a Green Heron control box and Champion Radio Products mast clamp - NOT the factory stuff) and the Yaesu 2800.

    The whole book is available from championradio.com.

Cheers & GL,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH
and
Champion Radio ProductsCell: 206-890-4188