[TowerTalk] Long Wire Sag

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Sun Mar 10 15:32:36 EDT 2019

Hi Jim. Good hearing from you on this as I knew you had some long wires
way up in the air. Funny you should mention pre-stretching as I was just
considering that. I have never done so on purpose however.

In my mind I envisioned if I had a 300' length of say #12 and tried a
pre-stretch that it would break near one of the ends and no where near
the middle. Has that been your experience? I am thinking the middle of a
long run is not as vulnerable to breaking. 73

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....