[TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Thu Mar 14 13:46:27 EDT 2019

> Important: Most RG-6/RG-11 is copper clad steel (CCS). Make sure you DON'T nick or cut the thin copper layer when prepping for connectors or you'll be transmitting through steel coax..."

It doesn’t take much of a nick either to later find a build-up of rust particles when opening up an unsealed F connector.  For the last two years, I've been purchasing 1,000 ft rolls of Belden 1829BC from Markertek.   Price is approx. USD $150 per roll.  It's gel-flooded RG6 with a solid copper inner conductor and works well with old and new SNS compression connectors like the new PPC EX6XLSPlus I mentioned earlier.  A solid copper inner has the added advantage of lower voltage drop when used in DC power-passing applications on extended runs.

Paul, W9AC