[TowerTalk] Results of Rotor Survey, Non- Prop Pitch

RVZ rlvz at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 00:37:58 EDT 2019

I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my request for "Recommendations on a Heavy-Duty Rotor that isn't a Prop Pitch".   I think we all agree that a Prop Pitch is the heaviest duty of all.

Here's the Survey Results with the rotor that received the most votes listed first.  However, please note that the next two rotors are tied for second place with 3 votes each:
---YAESU G-2800-DXA with 4 Votes.  Two recommended purchasing heavy-duty mast clamps, and one recommended purchasing the optional Yaesu GA-3000 Shock Absorber mount.  While this rotor is the most popular, perhaps partially due to it's bargain price, it has the lowest eHam rating of 3.9  It was very interesting to discover that HRO sells the rotor unit by itself for just $730.

---PROSISTEL Model 71 with 3 Votes.  eHam rating of 4.4
---ALFA SPID BIG RAK with 3 Votes.  eHam rating of 4.4  (tied for 2nd place)
---ORION R-2800 with 2 Votes.  eHam rating of 4.1
So those are the results of my mini-survey conducted here on TowerTalk recently.  Thanks again for your comments and recommendations, and a special thanks to Steve K7LXC for this very helpful  Reflector!
73,Dick- K9OM