[TowerTalk] Need plates for 65G

charlie at thegallos.com charlie at thegallos.com
Mon May 13 11:07:00 EDT 2019

On 2019-05-13 10:43, Gary Johnson wrote:
<snip> (How the heck does someone run a business that way?) <snip>

Don't know if it is the case with K0GX, but a LOT of Ham Businesses are
a sideline, done on a "When I have time" basis - aka they are slightly
more than a hobby

When your annual volume of sales come in at the LOW 4 digits (or less),
not hard to blow customers off.

Not ham, but a guy I know makes custom oil pans (from solid, for race
cars), and the customer wanted a pan, for a certain price point, and was
insisting (it was a custom, vs off the shelf).  The thing is, the price
he was insisting on was LESS then the price of materials - the guy
mailed the customer a box of metal chips