[TowerTalk] Need plates for 65G

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon May 13 12:21:34 EDT 2019

I made the top plate and rotator plate for my Rohn 65g. They are easy
to fabricate if you have access to a laser, water jet or other plate
cutting machine.

John KK9A

Gary Johnson wrote:

I need two plates to fit Rohn 65G:  An internal rotator shelf, and a
top plate for a thrust bearing. K0XG offers a rotator shelf but is
totally unresponsive to email or phone messages; maybe I'll write him
a letter. (How the heck does someone run a business that way?) Rohn
does not seem to offer either of these accessories but I'll call them
just in case. I can fabricate these myself, if I can get 65G drawings,
but will not have access to a tower section until the last minute...
not the situation I really want. Looking for sources and other ideas!

[Why 65G? It's a commercial installation. Hams get a ride, if we can
come up with this hardware.]

-Gary NA6O