[TowerTalk] Request for replacement bearing information for tower raising fixture

charlie at thegallos.com charlie at thegallos.com
Sun May 26 17:07:47 EDT 2019

Is it a needle or a ball bearing?

https://www.amazon.com/K8-12-10-Consolidated-New-Needle-Bearing/dp/B01JVGV7AU

https://www.hendersonbearings.co.uk/k8-ball-bearing-brand-skf.html

If you have a local bearing supply house, you can take it there, they
will tell you what you need

Interestingly, we are back to one of the BIG issues from the early days
of ball bearing - failures of bearing that rarely move, out in the
weather, under heavy load

Bronze bearing remained in common use in that situation for a LONG time,
but need an oil reservoir.

My pet thing - again, is this is where the PROPER use of plastic bearing
materials would probably be the best thing.