[TowerTalk] Request for replacement bearing information for tower raising fixture

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon May 27 05:01:17 EDT 2019

I checked Fafnir cross reference and am not sure the ebay K8 is the
correct bearing.  The cross reference makes it a 208K8, a much larger
bearing and the price correlates.  Better check with the seller about
the exact dimensions.

On one crank up where I replaced the lift cable bearing, used an
aircraft control cable ball bearing (found on ebay) which has a wide
inner race so the sides of the sheave (and the control wire) can't
contact the support flanges.  Or with a couple of correct
id/od/thickness washers on a regular deep groove ball bearing that fits
the existing sheave.   Ideally, the bearing outer race should be swaged
into the sheave, but some high strength loktite bearing retainer will
also work.

Grant KZ1W