[TowerTalk] I just thought it was fixed.....

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Oct 11 11:20:42 EDT 2019

Could it be a physical problem? Most Hy-Gain rotator need a shim or a
standard 2" mast and a thicker shim if you're using water pipe. It's
also possible that the brake is sticking or that the motor just does
not have much torque for some reason. Years ago, I had an old TIC ring
rotator motor that seemed to loose it's torque and replacing the motor
(which turned fine with no load) solved the issue.

John KK9A

w5jmw wrote:

Still having problems with my run of rotor cable controlling the rotor.I
have done everything..rotor checks good at ground level.It is now
vertical,changed cables,same thing I am lost now...ideas? 73 john