[TowerTalk] DC grounding of parasitic elements with insulators ?

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Mon Oct 28 21:12:55 EDT 2019

Jim:

     I used an aluminum strap 3/4 inch X 5 inches, stainless self-tapping
screw and a hose clamp to ground the parasitic elements of my Bencher
Skyhawk:
https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/ersmar/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxMzI5NDU3Mg==/?
ref= .  I applied some NoAlOx to the boom where the aluminum strap, cut from
a piece of flashing material, contacts the boom.  The Scotch 88 tape is
applied over the hose clamp.  The #10 self-tapping screw went into the
parasitics right through the insulator (PVC tubing.)  This antenna and its
grounded parasitic elements have been up in the air since 2001.  I use the
Bencher as capacitive loading for my shunt feed on Topband on a Trylon
T500-64 tower.  I run only 100 Watts.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F