[TowerTalk] TX 4SQ Bandwidth - 80 and 160

Tim Duffy k3lr at k3lr.com
Tue Oct 29 13:08:01 EDT 2019

Hello Paul:

With my 80 meter four squares the VSWR at the TX port of the Comtek Systems
controller never is above 1.4 to 1 from 3.5 to 3.9 MHz.

My elements are tuned for minimum dump power at 3.650 MHz. To accomplish the
3.650 MHz center, the individual elements are tuned to 3.505 MHz.

My dump power at 3.650 is -26 dB down from the input power, which is less
than 4 watts with 1500 watts from the amplifier. At 3.8 and 3.5 MHz there is
about 110 watts in the dump load.

My 4 square elements are made of aluminum 60 ft towers starting at 22 inch
faces and tapering to 11 inches with a 10 ft "stinger" of 2 " aluminum
tubing.

73
Tim K3LR