[TowerTalk] 160-meter tree test, before and after

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Sep 11 19:21:27 EDT 2019

On 9/11/2019 3:56 PM, Jon Zaimes via TowerTalk wrote:
> What we found was there was no significant change in SWR, resonant
> frequency, impedance, etc., when the trees were there and when they were
> removed.

But remember that while the parameters you measured can easily be
measured in multiple ways with varying degrees of accuracy, it doesn't
mean much. What matters a LOT more are variations in the magnitude and
phase in each of the array elements relative to each other WHEN those
trees were at their full height. Also the difference in far field field
strength before and after. And they're NOT so easy to measure. :)

FWIW, I would expect any effects to be most prominent in the nulls, and
maybe not matter much in the main lobe.

73, Jim K9YC