[TowerTalk] 160-meter tree test, before and after

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 12 05:16:22 EDT 2019

I am surprised by the comment that the phase angles could change
significantly and see no value change in the complex impedance at the array
input.  I always see a value change at the array input point when I adjust
the phase angle through phasing cable length.  I am wondering why I would
see that, yet if the phase angle changed through some tree interaction,
there would be no visible change.

It would seem that, at the end of the day, a phase angle change is a phase
angle change, however accomplished.  But maybe if the forced phase angle
isn't being changed but the element impedance is changing?  However the
phase cable would simply transform the load impedance to a new value back at
the input of the array and be measurable.

Would love to understand that.

Thanks.

Ed  N1UR