[TowerTalk] Rohn tower bolts and nuts: how to use the nuts?

al.n6ta at gmail.com al.n6ta at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 00:17:52 EDT 2019

I bought a full set of bolts and nuts to replace the old non-Rohn bolts that
have been connecting my 60' 45 for the last 30 years.  Lots of surface rust
so it is time to replace.

I notice that the nuts have three 'dings' at the edge of the threads,
obviously to provide a 'locking' function of a sort.  It will require
wrenching to get them snugged up to the tower leg.

Does it matter how the nut is installed: dings in or dings out?  I can't
think of a reason why, but ought to ask before I start the changeout.

Thanks for this groups expert advice!

Al

N6TA