[TowerTalk] OWA Yagis was 40m 4el KLM - replacing linear loading with coils

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 30 20:14:42 EDT 2020

Rich.  Can’t comment on the STEPPIR.  However the performance degradation of the yagi as you discuss at the band edges should be unaffected by the OWA feed.  Its more a function of the element spacing decisions of the rest of the yagi.  Makes the Transmitter happy, but doesn’t change some of the F/B or Gain vs frequency curves of the traditional yagi I don’t believe.  More of an expert on OWAs might offer some additional guidance.

Ed  N1UR