[TowerTalk] Galvenized Monopole Foundation

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Tue Aug 4 22:35:53 EDT 2020

The three common pole foundations are deep caisson, pad & pier, and big
block, in that order.

To get it engineered you would need a geo survey ($1500-$2500), which
the manufacturer would use to *suggest* a design. You would have to pay
them since you didn't buy it from them, maybe another $1500.

It's probably cheaper to just use the *overkill* MOP. Pad & pier is not
that hard, a block is easier yet. It takes lot's of concrete and rebar
to sleep well at night without an engineer's stamp. I would do it myself
for a small 80' ham pole, but I will not recommend it here...

-Steve K8LX