[TowerTalk] Climibing Harness Recommendation

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 08:32:29 EDT 2020

I just had professional tree trimmers here for three days. These guys spend all day up in the trees. They use PETZL gear. It is spendy -$300-400 price range but your life is worth it. The style in part depends on how long you will be up on your tower. If you are going to spend extended periods of time up high, you want to be comfortable.
BTW, After trimming my tall 100+ ft trees back, the SWR on my TH-11 at 80 feet improved on all five bands. Not a huge change but definitely  better than it was and back to where the curves were when I installed the beam 8 years ago.
I also had to have a large amount of trimming done in 2012 when I replaced the TH6 with the TH-11. In both instances, the reflectors had gotten snagged in tree branches. It doesn't take much to stop the Tailtwister !
73 Dennis W0JXMilan OH