[TowerTalk] big curtain arrays

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 31 11:46:37 EDT 2020

Gang.

I don't recall the W7YRV system but I do recall the Sterba curtain at W2KW at radio hill.  Was always s9+++++. Colvin was a big array before he went on hos dxpeditions and his array was written up in CQ in about 1957 when I was first licensed.

During support for Hurricane Camille I operated the RACES station W5IZS in Jackson, MS set up at the navy reserve and the antenna was a sterba. A ham in Portland, OR reported I was 20 over there on 75. The Sterba did work if you had the room.

73 Dave K4JRB

-