[TowerTalk] Broadside vs end-fire phasing of RX antennas

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 1 12:12:51 EST 2020

Here is a YouTube video I uploaded a few days ago that explains the difference between end-fire and broadside phasing.

I show how this principle is applied to Beverage pairs in either end-fire en-echelon configuration or broadside configuration and I discuss the pros-cons of each.
4Nec2 models are shown to explain the RDF and FB differences of each configuration.

Some very high RDF RX antennas that combine both end-fire and broadside arrays are presented such as en-chelon end-fire pairs phased broadside, and two broadside phased 3 el end-fire vertical arrays.

https://youtu.be/fQFdUdXw1mU <https://youtu.be/fQFdUdXw1mU>

73, de steve ve6wz