[TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Thu Dec 24 17:58:26 EST 2020

I guess I'm missing what's the "very bad idea" part of this.  We are
talking RF here, not lightning.  Right?  Antenna in the middle of this
field, right?

If I'm following the explanation, the guy is planning on laying out a
wire that runs from one corner of the plot to another corner, then the
other way, making a big X.  The bonding those wires at the center of
that X with a ground rod connecting it all together, and serving as the
antenna ground point.  And then later, maybe adding a "+" shaped overlay
of the same.

So he starts out with 4 radials initially, and then 8 later.  If he's
coming from 0 radials, then that seems like solid steps in the right
direction.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com