[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Tue Feb 18 09:34:57 EST 2020

The simplest design by FAR for 2 band dipoles is folded skeleton sleeve
made of ladderline. See links to QST article in
http://www.highonsolder.com/ham-radio/folded-skeleton-sleeve-antennas/

I use one as non-directional antenna for contesting. It is 20/10 design
with an extra wire in the middle of the ladderline for 10m.  Weighs next to
nothing and no mechanical complexity. Now up for 10 years with no
maintenance.

I used to have a commercial 160/80/40 dipole with coils, with a fan dipole
for 30m. Constant maintenance of spreaders. Dismal performance on 160/80m
compared to a 80m doublet fed by ladderline. But it had low SWR at
resonance.

Ignacy, NO9E