[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 18 10:41:00 EST 2020

My 80/40/20 dipole fans (EW & NS) were up for a few years and now as
80/40 fans are used for FD, one recut CW the other SSB.  My spreaders
are 1/2" square grey pvc from McMaster (maybe TAP Plastics).  I found
spacing tips about 20" was enough and it helped to space feedpoints
about 3" vertically on a small piece of acrylic plastic.  Now when they
get put away, they are wound on 10" diameter cardboard concrete forms
which keeps all the wires and ropes in order.

The Cebik modeling advice re having transmission lines connecting the
feedpoints together makes NEC yield good results.  Also align segments
as best you can, the usual advice for close space wires.

Grant KZ1W