[TowerTalk] XHHW wire

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 10:15:35 EST 2020

On 2/24/20 6:47 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:

> I've checked main lugs (hot side of main breaker) to Al feeders on
> several 200a and one 350a panel and found them tight and all had the the
> corrosion inhibitor applied. Doing this is not advised with energized
> feeders, as a primary short is nothing less than catastrophic/fatal.

Only if it's a bolted short <grin>
I had a fish tape sneak past the barrier and touch the bus and turn into
several discrete pieces of fish tape with a mighty flash and that deep
buzzing sound from a high current fault.

(why it's a good idea to wear gloves and eye protection when working on
a live panel)