[TowerTalk] Broken Alpha Spid

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Fri Feb 28 16:35:41 EST 2020

That's what we did (on a small scale) with our 4 high 10 meter stack of
4L yagis. The yagis at 40' & 60' rotate together and are treated as one
antenna in the stack switch. And likewise the pair at 80' & 100'.

300° of rotation is fine as long as you have at least one antenna that
can rotate the full 360°.

Our 20' masts are only 1-7/8" OD water pipe, which is perfectly adequate
for this little system. The thrust collars are short pieces of 2" ID
water pipe. I wouldn't hesitate to scale this up for larger antennas, up
to a point, depending on tower strength.

Everything is welded except for the antenna mast clamp. Very cheap to make.

Here's a couple shots:

https://app.box.com/s/fkft820hkiukr3ms4n909t16wz1d8hw3

-Steve K8LX