[TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic, component values and replacement part numbers

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Sun Jan 26 20:35:24 EST 2020

The 15 meter section of one of my ICE 419B units failed during 2020
January NAQP SSB.  I began searching for a schematic, or a list of part
numbers, or a list of part values.  My search was mostly in vain.  I did
however find a thread here on TowerTalk from July 2011 with good
discussion about the unit and probable causes of failure. Tony N2TK
"sniff and look" troubleshooting technique quickly led to the single
burned and discolored capacitor.  Mark K5ER provided me a copy of an ICE
document listing design values.

With all that in hand, I created a reference sheet with the component
values and replacement part numbers to assist me.  Mouser did not have
correct capacitor values for the resonating section of 40 and 80 meters,
so I left that blank.

I'm sharing the reference sheet here as a resource to the group.

http://w5wz.com/files/ICE_bandpass/ICE_419_parts.pdf

I hope this can help someone else.

--Scott, W5WZ