[TowerTalk] Coax and asphalt shingle roofs

Bill Ogden ogden at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 20 13:02:27 EDT 2020

This is my month for questions. I am looking at placing a receiving loop
(and a rotator) on my roof. The roof has architectural asphalt shingles.
What is a reasonable way to get coax and a rotator control cable to the
loop?  In my case, I cannot access the roof point from inside the house.
How should I protect the cables from the rough shingles? And protect the
shingles from being rubbed by the cables? If the answer is conduit, should
it simply lay on the shingles or be raised somehow?

Bill
W2WO