[TowerTalk] Flat Wrenches

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 21 19:00:54 EDT 2020

On 7/21/20 3:26 PM, Don wrote:
> And metric.
>
> Don W7WLL
>

> On 7/21/2020 2:03 PM, K9MA wrote:
>
> Speaking of which, it's hard to find wrenches thin enough to lock two
> 6-32 or 8-32 nuts together. I have one old, cheap, Craftsman set that
> works, but sooner or later I'm going to lose one of those up on the
> tower. All the small wrench sets ("Ignition Wrenches") available seem to
> be too thick. Short of grinding them down, does anyone know where to get
> thin ones in SAE sizes?

google for "thin head wrench"
Lowes and Home Depot have them.

The 6 and 7mm are 2.2 mm thick (1/4 and 5/16 in SAE), the 8-11mm are
2.6mm - those are a tenth of an inch thick, roughly.

or "ignition wrench" - same sort of thing - about 1/16" thick for the
small ones.

I used to buy 5/16" (fits SMA) double open end wrenches in lots of 10,
because we'd lose them.  You'd put one in your pocket, and forget about
it, or it would be on your desk, then get buried.