[TowerTalk] 6m QRO 2 Position Manual Antenna/Coax Switch

John Simmons jasimmons at pinewooddata.com
Wed Jul 22 20:19:11 EDT 2020

The spec on switches few look at is- isolation. This isn't terribly
important if you are switching antennas for a transceiver. It IS
terribly important if you are switching radios between an antenna- or
even more so if you are using an amp! Two relays in series will give you
up to 80 dB.

If you are using an amp and switching to different antennas.... if the
antennas are on the same band that you are operating on, what is the
effect? If the switch has poor isolation then some of your transmitting
power will be radiated on the unselected antenna(s). Interesting thought.

-de John NI0K