[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 issue

Kim whensley11 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 15:43:56 EDT 2020

Hello all!

About 10 days ago I had to lower my tower, and tilt it over for some antenna adjustments.  Finished with that, and returned the tower and antennas to normal.

Rotating the antennas with my G-2800, the rotor went to the proper azimuth and stopped.  However, the indicator did not.  It kept moving.  I verified the antenna was going nowhere.  This erratic behavior continued for a few days, then stopped.  All was normal for a few days.

Now, it has returned.  The azimuth indicator is as erratic as it can be.  The Green Heron controller has checked good.  This erratic behavior has been seen with two (2) different software programs.

Any ideas?  Potentiometer has gone south?  Moisture?  Connections?

Thanks & 73,

Kim - WG8S