[TowerTalk] Swinging gate antenna mount

Big Don bigdon39 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:06:13 EDT 2020

I have had one up for 30 years. A Ham4 and 402CD using W8JGU sidemount.
Dunno if available anymore.
There is a fairly close up photo of it on my QRZ if you scroll down near
the bottom of page.
Using a graphics program, I made a custom meter face for the controller so
it is clear where you can't go.

If arm should hit the tower with my setup, it's no big deal, it just
stops/stalled, doesn't damage anything
but would not make a habit of it. Suppose it might burn out the motor if
left driving *ON* after it stops.
With a more serious rotator, e.g., prop pitch or 2800, I suppose it could
damage the rotator.
If you have one of those fancy setups where you just punch in a beam
heading or DX prefix, you might
need limit so it doesn't self-destruct......

73,  Don  N7EF