[TowerTalk] Tower bracketing

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Fri Jun 19 13:32:21 EDT 2020

Until I can purchase the parcel of property next door, I'm limited in setbacks and height to a 35' bracketed tower that will hold an M2 5el 6m Yagi and a cheap Hy Gain 2m Yagi for 6m VHF contests and local repeater access.

I decided on an Ameriite (American Tower) 30' 25 series bracketed to the house in one location. AFAIK this tower is essentially a knockoff of Rohn 25G.

I can't find either on the American Tower site nor Rohn's site the details of the proper house structure required for attaching the bracket. Contacting the manufacturer got me the foundation pland but not the bracket. I'm going to have to cut through drywall for either the outside wall or access to the attic and I'd like to know what prep I'll have to do before I undertake erection. Of the tower.

Al
AB2ZY