[TowerTalk] Orion 2800PX Question

Robb Urie rurie at bajabb.com
Sat Jun 27 18:16:21 EDT 2020

Greetings,

I have a used M2 2800PX rotor and would like to know if anyone has disassembled one recently.   I know the latest version has grease fittings on the output shaft to lubricate the bearings, but plan to inspect the internals to ensure there are no surprises.   This rotor was recently removed from a SK crank-up and unsure when the last time it was used.   I have tested it with a recently purchased M2 controller, but with the new tower install starting next week, wanted to hear from anyone who has taken theirs apart.

If I do use this instead of the Yaesu 2800 that came with this tower. I plan to add a rubber sleeve or coupling to keep moisture from getting into the upper shaft seal.

Appreciate any information.

73,

Robb NØRU