[TowerTalk] Broadcast Band Filter

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 06:55:27 EDT 2020

Whatever you wind up with, make sure the UHF jacks (if it uses them)
on the enclosure are decent Amphenol jacks.  I purchased a very high
quality filter a number of years ago, from Clifton Labs and the
quality was ruined because he used cheap crappy knockoff jacks.   I
wound up having to replace them.

Off-shore knockoffs or from my experience, anything other than genuine
Amphenol jacks, have a slight thread irregularity and/or the center
fingers do not grip as well.  The poorer machining precision makes it
harder to thread on a plug which can be frustrating.  I was very
annoyed that the otherwise high quality of the filter was reduced by
the use of cheap jacks.

73

Rob
K5UJ