[TowerTalk] Help With Ham IV Rotator

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue May 5 13:20:39 EDT 2020

I have a HyGain Ham IV controller which has a FEMALE cinch-jones type
connector on the rear.  I also have a fairly recent (less than 10yr old) Ham
IV rotator that I bought used which has the quick-disconnect pigtail on the
end. I wish to cut the quick-disconnect off and  splice my existing large
gauge cable to.  Can someone enlighten me as to wiring the leaves the
rotator motor unit and to which of the cinch-jones connector inputs on the
control box these wires would mate to?  There appears to be some fragmented
documentation on-line but nothing that is clear to me, especially with
respect to that quick-disconnect which I plan to discard anyway in that I
only have ONE HALF of it.  Any help is appreciated.  - Mike