[TowerTalk] Stupid rotor question.....

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Sat May 23 18:47:15 EDT 2020

Group,I am new to using rotors and I have a dumb question : Will the rotor brake work if the rotor is on its side ?

Specifically, I am installing a hex beam and I noticed that I could rotate the shaft  while the tower is lowered with the rotor parallel to the ground.
I hooked up the rotor cable and box.  and was able to drive the rotor and clearly the brake solenoid would engage.So, I removed the rotor and put it on the bench. When I removed the cover and exposed the solenoid and wedge, everything looks fine.
The rotor is a Ham M series with upgraded  steel gear.
TNXde KA4JVYMark