[TowerTalk] Where to get LMR 400

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 4 08:25:29 EST 2020

On 11/3/20 10:16 PM, Michael Tope wrote:
> I've had good luck with Jefa-Tech as well. I bought some in 2009 and
> have had zero problems with it despite constant exposure to the high
> desert sun. At that time the price for a 500ft roll was $215. Copper was
> cheaper in 2009 because of the recession so perhaps that is one reason
> for the large price difference between then and now (allegedly the
> inflation since 2009 has only been ~20% :-)).

copper prices fluctuate wildly. Back in 2009 there was a dip down to
about $1.50/lb, but now it's back up to $3/lb

A few years ago, hardware stores had to start making it harder to grab a
500 foot spool of AWG12 solid wire, because someone could steal it and
turn it into a quick $20 at a recycler.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1476/copper-prices-historical-chart-data