[TowerTalk] 80M antenna challenge

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Wed Oct 7 17:11:31 EDT 2020

Steve

Tried looking at your property but your "official" address is an
industrial park ????

For starters How big is your property?

How tall are the trees

What kind of 80M operating are you invisioning. Rag Chew  or DX, Casual
or Contesting ...etrc etc

The XYL would be surprised I think , at how quickly bare #14 wire
becomes nearly invisible after a year

Maybe the vertical goes on the back side of the tree out her line of
vision??? Radials get burried

How about a real address so we can look at the property on Google

I have a local ham buddy who is home owner association limited and you
would be amazed at the antennas he has in the trees for 160-6 including
a 3 element 6 mtr beam at 30 feet. In a grove of trees and fully rotatable.

Dave
NR1DX

Dave Manuals at ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com