[TowerTalk] Run all in same trench?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 15 16:44:08 EDT 2020

On 10/15/20 12:07 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

> A different thread prompted me to ask a question about cables in trenches.I want to run a conduit for coax and control/ low voltage, separate conduit for 220 VAC, and a PEX line for water.Can I put it all in one trench?73,Gary K9GS

No reason why not. Most people run multiple conduits in a trench, even
if they're not using them all. You put empty conduit and a pull tape in
and cap the ends.

Heck, A couple weeks ago I just used a spare conduit run that I
installed 15 years ago, under a concrete slab alongside the house.  THe
pull rope had disintegrated, and the conduit had filled full of water
(the pipes just stubbed up vertically, with no seal or anything), so I
blew the water out, ran a new fish line, pulled it back and forth a few
times, and pulled my cables.