[TowerTalk] Paint Fiberglass antennas?

W7TMT - Patrick W7TMT at outlook.com
Wed Sep 16 16:29:49 EDT 2020

In the fiberglass boat world 2 part linear polyurethanes are generally considered the longest lasting although not cheap. Caution is advised during their application. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. One example that is readily available through most marine suppliers is "Perfection" by Interlux Paints. Smallest package is a quart. Other brands such as Awlgrip and Alexseal are also on the market. Perfection is easy to mix and work with and from my 40 years in the boating world would be a good choice as it flows out well with a brush and doesn't need to be sprayed. Other brands also allow brush application but I think Perfection is the easiest to work with. No affiliation with the company.

Possible sources include:

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/interlux-perfection-2-part-polyurethane-whites
or
https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?name=interlux-perfection-topside-paint&path=-1|2200442|2200472|2200474&id=733937

and many others. Most any major marine supplier will have one variety or another.

73,
Patrick, W7TMT