[TowerTalk] Detuning my Tower

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 21 00:01:13 EDT 2020

On 9/20/2020 5:04 PM, Robert Harmon wrote:
> Can you point me in the right direction for information on how to do this.  Is there an easy way to check the tower for resonance ?

I haven't done what you're asking, but it's pretty easy to get a
ballpark estimate with a simple NEC model. Take the tower diameter into
account (if triangular, 0.6 of the face is good enough), and add in any
aluminum that is attached to the tower (but not insulated elements). Use
the simplest form of NEC model of a vertical with the base going to
ground, the generator in the first segment. Use the Real/MiniNEC ground
type.

73, Jim K9YC