[TowerTalk] Tower question

Lewis Horn hornl at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 9 19:00:54 EDT 2021

I just picked up a 30ft (3 section) Amerite tower from an SK.  It came with
2 bases, a solid one, and a hinged one).  Is it possible to make this a self
supporting tower, preferably with a tilt over section?  I would like the
ability to lay the tower down whenever we have a hurricane watch, as I am in
S. FL.  The tower is about 3 years old with all of the labels still on it,
so it is in excellent condition.    Also I would like to put a 2 bander
antenna on it with a rotor (it has the rotor shelf with it).  Any ideas are
welcome.