[TowerTalk] Tower question

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 20:27:24 EDT 2021

I wonder if the survival odds are that much better for a laid over
tower.  Depending upon the direction of the wind, I'm picturing a 30
foot lever arm with the surface area of the antenna helping to generate
a lot of torque, creating a turnstile effect on the tower base.  Some
tower designs are stronger in bending than they are in twisting ...
don't know about yours.

Just a thought ...

73,
Dave   AB7E