[TowerTalk] 160 RECEIVE ANTENNAS

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 13:50:44 EDT 2021

Dale:

     In my small (1/3 acre) suburban lot's back yard, I had installed three
bidirectional EWE RX antennas.  I was amazed at how well they worked, not so
much bringing up the signal levels but more for their ability to reduce
noise coming from off-boresight locations.  That noise reduction brought the
S/N ratio up on most signals to the point that I could actually hear the DX.
I had a six-position coax switch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/B-W-6-position-coax-switch-/324450764041 from which
I could select one or the other EWE directions.  The S/N differences were
discernable.

     I also constructed a coax RX loop antenna which also showed a high
degree of directionality.  Good luck with the project.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F